These incredible little morsels (made at Red Lobster) are the very best thing on the menu. They absolutely melt in your mouth and can easily be made in your own backyard. I found the recipe on the Internet and really wanted to share it with you, my friends on "Zaar". Feel free to adjust the amount of Bourbon to your own liking. We found this just perfect. These can be served as an appetizer or main course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 peeled shrimp (26-30 count)
- 24 sea scallops
- 4 bamboo skewers for shrimp (soaked in water 10-15 minutes)
- 4 two-prong metal skewers for scallops
- olive oil
- 24 slices bacon
- salt and pepper
- peach bourbon barbecue sauce (see below)
Peach Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- 1Place 6 shrimp on each bamboo skewer, leaving room on either end. Make certain to cover the end of the skewer with foil so it doesn't burn.
- 2Wrap one piece of bacon around each scallop and place six scallops on each two-pronged skewer so they don't turn.
- 3Brush both sldes of the shrimp and scallops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Place the shrimp and scallop skewers on a medium hot grill. Keep an eye on them because they will cook quickly and you don't want to allow burning.
- 5Grill for approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Take them off when they are ~80 percent done.
- 6Brush on the Peach Bourbon BBQ sauce during the last moments of cooking or when cooking is complete for added flavor.
- 7Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce Preparation:.
- 8Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- 9Bring to a simmer while stirring for 8-10 minutes.
- 10Cool and place in blender or food processor until smooth.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Bourbon BBQ Shrimp & Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 987.1
- Calories from Fat 593
- Total Fat 65.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 427.4 mg
- Sodium 2665.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 67.8 g