Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These incredible little morsels (made at Red Lobster) are the very best thing on the menu. They absolutely melt in your mouth and can easily be made in your own backyard. I found the recipe on the Internet and really wanted to share it with you, my friends on "Zaar". Feel free to adjust the amount of Bourbon to your own liking. We found this just perfect. These can be served as an appetizer or main course.
- 24 peeled shrimp (26-30 count)
- 24 sea scallops
- 4 bamboo skewers for shrimp (soaked in water 10-15 minutes)
- 4 two-prong metal skewers for scallops
- olive oil
- 24 slices bacon
- salt and pepper
- peach bourbon barbecue sauce (see below)
Peach Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- substitute peach preserves
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Bourbon
- Place 6 shrimp on each bamboo skewer, leaving room on either end. Make certain to cover the end of the skewer with foil so it doesn't burn.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each scallop and place six scallops on each two-pronged skewer so they don't turn.
- Brush both sldes of the shrimp and scallops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the shrimp and scallop skewers on a medium hot grill. Keep an eye on them because they will cook quickly and you don't want to allow burning.
- Grill for approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Take them off when they are ~80 percent done.
- Brush on the Peach Bourbon BBQ sauce during the last moments of cooking or when cooking is complete for added flavor.
- Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce Preparation:.
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer while stirring for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool and place in blender or food processor until smooth.