Recipe by Tuffykenwell
A wonderful combination of late summer fruits under a delicious crumbly streusel topping. You can use frozen fruits in place of the fresh but be sure to thaw and drain them first or your pie will be watery.
Top Review by Torachef 1997
Cannot believe this hasn't been reviewed! A nice blend of summertime flavors - peaches and blueberries are so perfect together. The lemon zest gives it a bit of tart, fresh "zip!" Add the sweet streusel and it is a perfect treat. I made it with Splenda in the filling and Splenda brown sugar blend in the streusel, and it came out great. I am attaching photos. Such a pretty and delicious treat!
- 10 inches deep dish pie shells (one unbaked bottom crust)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 medium fresh peaches, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Combine sugar, cornstarch and ginger into a large bowl. Add peaches, blueberries and lemon zest; toss lightly to coat. Spoon filling into pastry.
- *Note* If using frozen peaches and/or frozen blueberries make sure to place the frozen fruit into a strainer to thaw and drain before using or pie will be watery.
- Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in 1/3 cup butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over fruit.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until crust and topping are golden brown and juice begins to bubble.