Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A wonderful combination of late summer fruits under a delicious crumbly streusel topping. You can use frozen fruits in place of the fresh but be sure to thaw and drain them first or your pie will be watery.
- 10 inches deep dish pie shells (one unbaked bottom crust)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 medium fresh peaches, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
- Heat oven to 400°F Combine sugar, cornstarch and ginger into a large bowl. Add peaches, blueberries and lemon zest; toss lightly to coat. Spoon filling into pastry.
- *Note* If using frozen peaches and/or frozen blueberries make sure to place the frozen fruit into a strainer to thaw and drain before using or pie will be watery.
- Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in 1/3 cup butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over fruit.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until crust and topping are golden brown and juice begins to bubble.
Cannot believe this hasn't been reviewed! A nice blend of summertime flavors - peaches and blueberries are so perfect together. The lemon zest gives it a bit of tart, fresh "zip!" Add the sweet streusel and it is a perfect treat. I made it with Splenda in the filling and Splenda brown sugar blend in the streusel, and it came out great. I am attaching photos. Such a pretty and delicious treat!