Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wonderful served warm with vanilla ice cream! Use fresh ripe fruit for a wonderful dessert.
- 4 cups peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, sliced
- Gently toss the fruit, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch together in a 2 quart baking dish and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Stir with a fork until crumbly and sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 375º for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden.
This recipe was a huge HIT last night for a pot luck birthday party. I substituted the sugar with honey .... soooo delicious and sooo healthy!!! I am definitely making this again and absolutely for a breakfast!!!
This is a very good, quick and easy desert and general crowd pleaser. My wife loves it and so do neighbours in the building. I too thought there was too much liquid the first time but a bit more cornstarch solved that issue. I've been making this a couple of times a month for the last three years.
Tasted really good, but mine had a ton of liquid in it, did anyone else have this problem?