1 hr 10 mins
Recipe from Fine Cooking Magazine. Great way to use up summer berries! This recipe yields a smaller amount than the average cobbler recipe, so it is great for small gatherings....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, softened, more for the pan
- 3 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 cups about 1 lb. room-temperature blueberries, washed and drained on paper towels
- 3 medium peaches, halved, pitted, and sliced 1/2 inch thick (about 1 lb.)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 375°F Lightly butter a 9-inch square metal or ceramic baking pan.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoons of the salt. With your fingers, work the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture readily clumps together when pressed. Mix in the pecans.
- 3In a large bowl, toss the blueberries and peaches. In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar with the cornstarch, nutmeg, and the remaining 1/8 teaspoons salt and toss this mixture with the fruit.
- 4Spread the fruit into the prepared baking pan. Pressing the streusel into small lumps, sprinkle it over the fruit. Bake until the fruit is bubbling in the center and the topping is crisp and well browned, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach & Blueberry Crisp With Spiced-Pecan Topping
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 106.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 37.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g