Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
Lee Murphy, Knox County Health Dept.
- 4 cups sliced peaches, peeled optionally
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour (pastry flour, if possible)
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter (or spread)
- 1⁄4 cup honey crunch wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup ginger snaps, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Toss well and set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and combine with a fork or fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spray a deep-dish pie pan with nonstick spray and pour in fruit mixture.
- Cover fruit with topping.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until juices are bubbly and warm.
- May serve with frozen yogurt or light whipped topping.