Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The simplicity of this recipe lets the flavors really stand out. It is absolutely delicious. The only sugar in the recipe is in the topping, so you can really appreciate the taste of the fruit without the recipe being too sweet.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash, peel, pit, and slice peaches into a 9" round pie pan.
- Rinse blueberries, remove any stems and add to pie pan.
- Add almond extract to fruit mixture.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice from half of the lemon over through a strainer (to catch seeds) over fruit, and then mix the lemon juice and almond extract throughout the fruit. Put the other half of the lemon in refrigerator for another purpose.
- To either a blender or food processor, add half of the oats (1/2 cup) and the almonds. Grind it to flour.
- Remove flour from blender or food processor and put it into a separate bowl.
- To the bowl, add the remaining 1/2 cup of rolled oats, the brown sugar, butter, and water. Mix together and sprinkle over top of fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, and serve with vanilla ice cream or eat by itself. Enjoy.