Recipe by Pneuma66
The simplicity of this recipe lets the flavors really stand out. It is absolutely delicious. The only sugar in the recipe is in the topping, so you can really appreciate the taste of the fruit without the recipe being too sweet.
Top Review by VLizzle
YUMMY! I picked up some blueberries for $1 a pint and peaches for $1 per pound. I made the recipe exactly - using the lemon and almond extract. I love almonds with blueberries. This came out wonderful. Quick and easy to prepare as well. Thanks very much for posting.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (rinsed)
- 4 cups fresh peaches (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
- 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened or melted)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash, peel, pit, and slice peaches into a 9" round pie pan.
- Rinse blueberries, remove any stems and add to pie pan.
- Add almond extract to fruit mixture.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice from half of the lemon over through a strainer (to catch seeds) over fruit, and then mix the lemon juice and almond extract throughout the fruit. Put the other half of the lemon in refrigerator for another purpose.
- To either a blender or food processor, add half of the oats (1/2 cup) and the almonds. Grind it to flour.
- Remove flour from blender or food processor and put it into a separate bowl.
- To the bowl, add the remaining 1/2 cup of rolled oats, the brown sugar, butter, and water. Mix together and sprinkle over top of fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, and serve with vanilla ice cream or eat by itself. Enjoy.