Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wonderful when served warm with ice cream!
- 2 cups fresh peaches or 2 cups frozen peaches, sliced in 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- Combine peaches, sugar, tapioca and lemon juice in 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Sprinkle blueberries over top and cook in microwave on HIGH for 4-5 minutes (stirring after 3 minutes) or until mixture bubbles and is hot throughout.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Meanwhile, prepare cobbler by mixing flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, if desired, and lemon rind.
- Add butter/margarine, cutting in with pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add cream/milk; stir until dough is moistened and mixed - drop by tablespoons over hot filling.
- Dust cobbler with nutmeg and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
Good, but didn't pack that punch of flavor or crustiness that I was looking for.
This was very tasty. I could have used a little more fruit in mine (but I didn't actually measure, so maybe I didn't even use the recommended amount). The lemon rind in the cobbler was a nice added flavor.