Recipe by conniecooks
This is yummy. You can use fresh fruit as well. This is another of my mother's recipes
- 20 ounces peach slices, drain and reserve 1 cup syrup (or peach & mango mix)
- 3 ounces lemon jelly powder (I use peach but it wasn't invented when this was written)
- 1⁄2 cup ice cold water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- peach slices
- pistachio nuts or almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain peaches.
- Reserve syrup.
- Reserve a few slices for garnish, chop the remainder.
- Heat peach syrup.
- Add jelly powder.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Stir in ice cold water & almond extract.
- Cut ice cream into chunks.
- Add to gelatin mixture and stir until blended.
- Fold in chopped peaches.
- Chill until it begins to thicken and mound when spooned, 20-30 minutes.
- Turn into parfait glasses.
- Chill until firm, 25-45 minutes.
- Garnish with whipped cream , peach slices & sprinkle with pistachio nuts.