Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is based on my favorite Peach Blackberry Pie recipe, originally from Victoria magazine's Christmas book. I love it, but in summer, I never feel like making pie. This variation came to me, and is amazing.
- Combine the peaches, blackberries, lemon juice and 3/4 c sugar in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in 3/4 cup of sugar until completely blended.
- Remove the fruit mixture from the fridge, drain the juice into another bowl and set aside. Return fruit to the fridge.
- Add the juice mixture, cream, milk and cinnamon to eggs and whisk to blend completely.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the ice maker's directions.
- When the ice cream is almost frozen (about 2 minutes before it is done) add the fruit and continue freezing until it is ready.
Liv - This is AMAZING! My son wanted to know how you made it taste like pie when he couldn't find any crust in it (his favorite part normally). Thanks for a super delicious treat!