Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
We are in the peak of peach and blackberry season and so I am always looking for new and yummy recipes.
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 10 medium peaches, pitted, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blackberry
- 10 croissants, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 6 large egg yolks
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Butter a 9” x 13” baking dish. In a heavy 4-quart pan, combine cream, sugar, vanilla and salt. Warm over medium-low heat, just until steam comes off surface. Do not boil. Remove from heat, pour over cut-up croissants and let stand for 30 minutes
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and eggs. Gently stir in croissant mixture. Fold in peaches and blackberries. Pour into baking dish and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly.
- To serve: Cut into 12 squares, place one on each dessert plate, and serve with ice cream.