Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
This is a wonderful summer treat from the south. These biscuits are slightly sweet, making them a wonderful dessert or breakfast treat. However they pair nicely with just about any meal. If you find yourself with a few ripe peaches, this is an easy and delicious way to use them.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Peel peaches, pit them, and dice them into 1/4" pieces.
- In a small sauce pan combine peaches, orange liquor, water, sugar, vanilla, and 2 tsp flour. Bring to a boil and continue stirring until mixture is thickened.
- Sift 3 cups flour, baking soda, and salt into mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter, and mix for about 1 minute.
- While mixer is still going, slowly add milk and then peaches. Continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spray muffin tins with with cooking spray, and fill each 2/3 full with biscuit mix.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until golden brown. (sometimes biscuits will be a little doughy due to the moister in the peaches).
The peaches I used for this recipe were really large, so I increased the amount of flour by ALMOST 1/8 cup, & that worked pretty well for me! Also used Triple Sec here as well as unsalted butter! Had these GREAT TASTING BISCUITS for breakfast topped with a bit of peach sauce, then later in the day dressed them up with some mixed fruit & a small amount of whipped cream! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]