Recipe by Danielle in New Hampshire
This is a great autumn pie. It has a trio of fruit that gives it bright color and a terrific taste. Yummy!
Top Review by Stephie Biggs
Not my taste! I wondered about nutmeg in this recipe and I should have omitted it, but then again I think it would need SOMETHING - maybe cinnamon(?). To me, nutmeg didn't belong in this pie. The recipe however is simple and easy to make.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches or 1 3⁄4 cups sliced peeled frozen peaches, thawed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup fresh blueberries or 3⁄4 cup frozen blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries or 3⁄4 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pastry for double-crust pie (9inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl combine sugar, flour, cornstarch, salt and nutmeg.
- Add fruit and vanilla, toss to mix.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Line pie plate with bottom pastry, add filling.
- Dot with butter, Roll out remaining pastry, make lattice crust, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 375 for 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on wire rack.