Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really yummy dessert. It goes in a flash every time! From Better Homes, Simply Better.
- 3 cups fresh raspberries or 3 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 cups fresh peaches or 2 cups frozen peaches, sliced and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped or 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 cups whole wheat bread cubes, soft (about 7 slices)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thaw frozen peaches and raspberries, do not drain.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, and ginger.
- Add raspberries and peaches, toss gently to coat.
- Add 2 cups of the bread cubes, toss gently to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a 2 quart square baking dish.
- For the topping, place remaining bread cubes in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with melted butter, toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle topping over fruit mixture.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until peaches are tender and topping is golden.
- Serve warm, with whipped cream if desired.
This was pretty good .... not too sweet. I love sweets so I would make this again but only with more sugar. I am also going to try and sub cinnamon for the ginger as I didn't feel you could taste it. I used sourdough wheat bread and thought the sour taste was a bit much ... so I won't be doing that again. I also used 3 cups bread mixed in with the fruit because the fruit was pretty juicy and 2 cups on top, which worked out well. Thanks for a great breakfast.