Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Bellinis are a very popular summer drink in my hometown of Calgary. This recipe comes from "O Magazine". Cook time includes 1/2 hour rest time.
- 2 large peaches, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 bottle champagne or 1 bottle sparkling wine
- 1 large peach, cut into 6 slices
- 6 sprigs mint
- Combine peach chunks, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Allow to sit 30 minutes.
- Bring to a boil, stirring in sugar until dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour through a strainer, pressing solids to extract flavor and juices.
- Chill and discard solids.
- Place about 1 tbsp of the peach syrup in a flute and fill with champagne.
- Garnish with a peach slice and mint sprig.
if don't any alcahol in it u can use non-sweetend iced tea instead of champagne and it isn't bitter at all because of the flavor!
Ahhhhh. You just can't beat a good Peach Bellini! I also have a Vita Mix so I did not need to cook the mixture. The ratio of ingredients were right on to produce a WONDERFUL drink. I used Prosecco champagne. This is the good life! :-)
I had frozen peaches over the summer so I used those. Added them to my vita mix along with the sugar and lemon juice. Blended till totally smooth and icy. Place 1 tblespoon onto each glass and topped slowly with champagne. No need to cook with the vita mix!