Recipe by Miraklegirl
Bellinis are a very popular summer drink in my hometown of Calgary. This recipe comes from "O Magazine". Cook time includes 1/2 hour rest time.
- 2 large peaches, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 bottle champagne or 1 bottle sparkling wine
- 1 large peach, cut into 6 slices
- 6 sprigs mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peach chunks, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Allow to sit 30 minutes.
- Bring to a boil, stirring in sugar until dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour through a strainer, pressing solids to extract flavor and juices.
- Chill and discard solids.
- Place about 1 tbsp of the peach syrup in a flute and fill with champagne.
- Garnish with a peach slice and mint sprig.