Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) cansliced peach halves in syrup
- 2 (3 ounce) packages peach Jell-O or 2 (3 ounce) packages apricot gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip (I used fat free)
- additional peach (to garnish) (optional)
- Drain peaches, reserving 2/3 C syrup.
- Chop peaches into small pieces and set aside.
- In a pot on the stove, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water.
- Stir in reserved syrup.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Stir extract into cool whip and gently fold into gelatin mixture.
- Fold in peaches.
- Pour into a 6 C mold coated with pam (I use mayo to coat my dish) Chill until set.
- Unmold and garnish with additional peaches if desired.
- I make this in a pretty glass bowl and that works also.
This is fabulous! I have also been making this for years and receive raves and requests for the recipe when I make it. Thanks for posting!
Been using this recipe from Taste of Home Magazine for years and everyone has loved it, especially for Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners. Very easy to make. I have substituted other fruits as well.