Recipe by AngelicFantasia
This is a deliciously refreshing gelatin side dish or dessert. I think I got the recipe from an old Taste of Home. Cooking/preparation time includes chilling time.
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced peaches
- 2 (3 ounce) packages peach gelatin or 2 (3 ounce) packages apricot gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain peaches, reserving 2/3 cup juice.
- Chop peaches into small pieces, set aside.
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in the boiling water.
- Stir in reserved syrup.
- Chill until slighty thickened.
- Stir extract into whipped topping; gently fold into gelatin mixture.
- Fold in peaches.
- Pour into oiled 6-cup mold.
- Chill overnight.