Recipe by sidMILB
This is one of those "Pretend You Know What You're Doing and You'll Pull it off" recipes. Very nice in summer when peaches AND basil are at their prime. I made this up as I went along, and DBF not only requested a second bowl, he bragged to his friends. Try it. I don't like balsamic OR dessert, and I'd make this again.
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade-ed
- 1⁄2 fresh peach, sliced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice or dice peaches (I can never get pretty peach slices).
- Scoop ice cream into bowl.
- Chiffonade basil leaves.
- Sprinkle basil onto ice cream (hang in there).
- Top with some peach slices.
- Splash with vinegar to taste.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and/or mint might be nice with this.