Have you ever made something that seemed too good to be true, especially when it was ridiculously simple to make? I just had one of those moments. It was this peach and barbecued corn salad that did it to me. Let me tell you about it. Sweet, yet slightly tart peaches, barbecued sweet corn rubbed with lime and sea salt, slices of creamy fresh mozzarella and a scattering of basil leaves. All this drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and an aged balsamic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break the corn cobs in half and place in a pot of cold water. Bring to the boil. Once the water is at a rolling boil, cook the corn for 7 minutes. Remove from water and pat dry.
- 2Heat up the barbecue or a grill plate. Brush with a little canola oil.
- 3Brush lime juice over the corn cobs and then sprinkle on some sea salt. Place the corn on the barbecue or grill and cook. Turn the cobs frequently to brown the corn slightly but don't burn it.
- 4Once you've cooked the corn, slice off the kernals into a bowl. Discard the cobs.
- 5Slice the peaches and place in a large serving bowl. Add the corn kernals, sliced mozzarella and basil leaves. Sprinkle on some salt. Drizzle on a little extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic.
- 6Stir the ingredients gently just once or twice. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach & Barbecued Corn Salad Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh mozzarella balls