Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Have you ever made something that seemed too good to be true, especially when it was ridiculously simple to make? I just had one of those moments. It was this peach and barbecued corn salad that did it to me. Let me tell you about it. Sweet, yet slightly tart peaches, barbecued sweet corn rubbed with lime and sea salt, slices of creamy fresh mozzarella and a scattering of basil leaves. All this drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and an aged balsamic.
- 2 peaches, washed
- 2 corn on the cob
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large fresh mozzarella ball, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- Break the corn cobs in half and place in a pot of cold water. Bring to the boil. Once the water is at a rolling boil, cook the corn for 7 minutes. Remove from water and pat dry.
- Heat up the barbecue or a grill plate. Brush with a little canola oil.
- Brush lime juice over the corn cobs and then sprinkle on some sea salt. Place the corn on the barbecue or grill and cook. Turn the cobs frequently to brown the corn slightly but don't burn it.
- Once you've cooked the corn, slice off the kernals into a bowl. Discard the cobs.
- Slice the peaches and place in a large serving bowl. Add the corn kernals, sliced mozzarella and basil leaves. Sprinkle on some salt. Drizzle on a little extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic.
- Stir the ingredients gently just once or twice. Serve immediately.
This was soo good!!! Made this for my sons 1st birthday party, and for My 3 Chefs contest, and it got rave reviews! Many of my friends wanted the recipe! I made some changes however, and substituted crumbled mexican white cheese for the mozzarella and added fresh baby spinach to the salad to bulk it up. Everyone loved it including me and my husband, its so fresh! Thanks for this recipe!!!