Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
From Gourmet Magazine adapted from Blackberry Farm. Brush on grilled pork or chicken toward the end of cooking, and serve extra on the side. Also, would be good served over cream cheese with crackers.
- 1 lb fresh peach
- 3⁄4 cup vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons jalapenos, minced with seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut an X in the bottom of each peach, then blanch in medium saucepan of boiling water 10 seconds. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water and cool. Peel peaches and coarsely chop.
- Cook onion, jalapeno, and a pinch of kosher salt in oil in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softtened, 8-10 minutes. Add peaches and remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until peaches are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Puree in a blender with caution.
- Note: Sauce can be made 3 days ahead and chilled, uncovered, until cool, then covered.