Prep 30 mins
Cook 36 mins
From Cooking Light. Per 1/4 cup sauce: 59 calories, 1.3 g fat, 1.2 g protein, 12 g carb, 0.9 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3 cups chopped peeled peaches
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups beer
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Let the oil get heated in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in onion, stir/saute 5 minutes or until tender; add in peaches, pepper, salt, and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in beer and the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Place half the mixture in a blender; remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape; secure lid.
- Place a clean dish towel over openining in blender lid (to prevent spillage).
- Process until smooth; pour pureed mixture into a bowl; repeat process with remaining mixture.
- May refrigerate sauce for up to 10 days.
I started by cutting the recipe in half....it was way too much to start off with. The sauce turned out O.K. I had to kick the spices up a bit. I froze the sauce in little containers and used it on spareribs in the crockpot. Would I make it again...probably not! There are others I would want to explore first before I came back to this one