2 hrs 30 mins
Chef Pooh #2's Note:
Peaches mixed with applesauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I start out peeling/cutting apples using my apple peeler/slicer/corer device. As I take them off the device, I put them in a bowl, sprinkle lemon juice and fruit fresh. I keep doing this until I have enough to start my batch of applesauce.
- 2Next I put 2 cans of peaches with their juices, some of the apples and blend in a blender at one of the higher speeds.
- 3You may not need sugar. I omitted it the last time I made the applesauce.
- 4Play it by ear also if you think you need water.
- 5Pour into crockpot or dutch oven.
- 6Note: I do several different batches, so I'm cooking one batch on the stove in my dutch oven on medium high heat/medium and one in the crock pot. I cook it long enough to be hot enough to pour into canning jars.
- 7Repeat blending process with what's left of your apples and peaches.
- 8Pour into crock pot or dutch oven.
- 9Add vanilla extract, ground ginger.
- 10Add optional cinnamon. I used my Korintje cinnamon. You'll have to taste it and see if you want to add cinnamon.
- 11If adding sugar, now's the time to add.
- 12Meanwhile wash canning jars, lids, and bands.
- 13Sterilize in hot water bath.
- 14Then take out a few jars at a time, pour applesauce in jars. Put lids and bands on, screw tight, place in water bath for 25 minutes.
- 15Take out, make sure lids have sealed by pressing lid. I listen for popping sounds and count. If I come across a jar or two that didn't seal, I'll rebath them or even put in a clean jar with new lid. Read your canning instructions that come with jars.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g