Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Peaches mixed with applesauce
Make and share this Peach Applesauce recipe from Food.com.
- I start out peeling/cutting apples using my apple peeler/slicer/corer device. As I take them off the device, I put them in a bowl, sprinkle lemon juice and fruit fresh. I keep doing this until I have enough to start my batch of applesauce.
- Next I put 2 cans of peaches with their juices, some of the apples and blend in a blender at one of the higher speeds.
- You may not need sugar. I omitted it the last time I made the applesauce.
- Play it by ear also if you think you need water.
- Pour into crockpot or dutch oven.
- Note: I do several different batches, so I'm cooking one batch on the stove in my dutch oven on medium high heat/medium and one in the crock pot. I cook it long enough to be hot enough to pour into canning jars.
- Repeat blending process with what's left of your apples and peaches.
- Pour into crock pot or dutch oven.
- Add vanilla extract, ground ginger.
- Add optional cinnamon. I used my Korintje cinnamon. You'll have to taste it and see if you want to add cinnamon.
- If adding sugar, now's the time to add.
- Meanwhile wash canning jars, lids, and bands.
- Sterilize in hot water bath.
- Then take out a few jars at a time, pour applesauce in jars. Put lids and bands on, screw tight, place in water bath for 25 minutes.
- Take out, make sure lids have sealed by pressing lid. I listen for popping sounds and count. If I come across a jar or two that didn't seal, I'll rebath them or even put in a clean jar with new lid. Read your canning instructions that come with jars.
Made this as given, the whole batch, but I didn't actually process the canning. Instead, we kept 2 pints of it for ourselves & the rest was gifted to several neighbors & friends!, with the understanding that it's ready to eat! Definitely loved this great sauce combo & will make it again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]