Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From epicurious.com. Great summer fare.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, chopped (4 cups)
- 1 lb peach, pitted and chopped (2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup crushed ice
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots (1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
- Purée two thirds of tomatoes and half of peaches with ice, shallot, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 2 teaspoons tarragon, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a blender until very smooth, about 1 minute.
- Strain through a medium-mesh sieve into a large glass measuring cup and discarid solids. If desired, add water to desired consistency.
- Add remaining tomatoes and peaches with remaining tablespoon oil, remaining 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, remaining teaspoon tarragon, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Serve topped with tomato peach salsa.