Pam #5's Note:
I love taco salads, and added a little flare to the usual. This is also a lower fat version. The kids love this dish and request it frequently. It's very easy to make as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can sliced peaches in juice
- 4 cups baked corn tortilla chips (or regular)
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1/2 cup favourite salsa
- 0.5 (500 ml) container low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, cheese-shredded
- 1Chop and cook chicken breasts until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning with 1/4 cup water, simmer for 15 minutes, then cool slightly.
- 2Drain peaches, reserving juice for another time. (or use three ripe peaches) Chop into bite size peices. Put peaches into a bowl, Add cilantro, lime juice and hot sauce. Stir gently. (reserve)
- 3Place tortilla chips in the bottom of a large casserole dish (lasagna pan).
- 4Layer on top, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and sliced avacado. Add chicken, top with shredded cheese, peach mixture, sour cream and salsa. Use a spatula to serve, making sure you get to the very bottom of the dish.
- 5Can also top with your favourite salad dressing if you want.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach and Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.9
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 684.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 20.6 g