Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love taco salads, and added a little flare to the usual. This is also a lower fat version. The kids love this dish and request it frequently. It's very easy to make as well.
- 1 (28 ounce) can sliced peaches in juice
- 4 cups baked corn tortilla chips (or regular)
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup favourite salsa
- 0.5 (500 ml) container low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, cheese-shredded
- Chop and cook chicken breasts until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning with 1/4 cup water, simmer for 15 minutes, then cool slightly.
- Drain peaches, reserving juice for another time. (or use three ripe peaches) Chop into bite size peices. Put peaches into a bowl, Add cilantro, lime juice and hot sauce. Stir gently. (reserve)
- Place tortilla chips in the bottom of a large casserole dish (lasagna pan).
- Layer on top, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and sliced avacado. Add chicken, top with shredded cheese, peach mixture, sour cream and salsa. Use a spatula to serve, making sure you get to the very bottom of the dish.
- Can also top with your favourite salad dressing if you want.