Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe come from Silvena Rowe, a UK TV chef that specializes in making Eastern European recipes. She calls this a 'deconstructed strudel'.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange 1 phyllo sheet on a large baking tray that has been lined with parchment papers, and brush generously with some melted butter.
- Sprinkle with a quarter of the ground almonds.
- Top with the other 3 layers of phyllo, butter and almonds.
- Cut into 12 rectangles and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, mascarpone and 2 teaspoons caster sugar.
- Place 1 phyllo triangle on a serving plate and place some sour cream mixture on the top, followed by some thing slices of peach.
- Add another layer of phyllo and again top with the sour cream mixture and fresh peach slices, finally finishing with a phyllo layer.
- Make 3 more Napoleons in the same way.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.