Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just found this recipe in the paper. This easy dessert features an interesting combination of fruits. Let me know what you think.
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled,plus
- butter, for greasing skillet
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups peeled pitted and sliced peaches
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- Lightly butter 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- In bowl, rub 3 tablespoons butter into flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and nutmeg, using fingers.
- Mixture should be crumbly.
- Set aside.
- Combine peaches, raspberries, granulated sugar and cornstarch.
- Pour into prepared skillet.
- Sprinkle oatmeal topping evenly over peach mixture.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
I've made the streusel to go with my own peach pie. Thank you!