Recipe by spatchcock
Posted in response to a request--I'd never heard of Frangipani tarts, but I may have to make one now!! Looks great! (Prep time includes dough chill time.)
- 6 ounces plain flour
- 2 ounces caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces almond paste
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 egg
- 3 ounces plain flour
- 4 ounces fresh raspberries
- 6 ripe peaches, quartered and stoned
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the pastry dough either by hand or in the food processor, allow to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge and then roll out and line a buttered 10" flan tin.
- Make the frangipani by mixing the almond paste, sugar and egg yolk in a food processor.
- Remove from the processor into a mixing bowl and beat in the butter and the egg.
- Add the flour and mix until even.
- Place the frangipani mix in the pastry case and bake for 40 minutes at gas mark 4, 170° C.
- While still hot, place the peaches over the top and scatter the raspberries over the peaches.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with lots of whipped cream.