Recipe by Irmgard
I found this recipe on another website and since I had some canned peaches and sour cream to use up, decided to make a half recipe to try them. To make a long story short, they are wonderful - so fluffy and flavourful! I used canned peaches since that is what I had on hand, but all means try them with fresh peaches. Fresh is always better! Serve with maple syrup.
- 4 peaches, sliced into thin wedges (Leave on the peel if you want)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup light sour cream (Use full fat sour cream if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- extra butter, for cooking the pancake
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, using a fork, stir together the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the centre.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, sour cream, melted butter and vanilla.
- Pour into the flour mixture and stir just until evenly mixed.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Use a 1/4-cup measure to pour the batter into the hot frying pan. Depending on the size of your pan, you can do 1 to 3 pancakes at a time.
- Immediately top each pancake with 2 or 3 peach wedges and push into the batter.
- Cook until the pancake surfaces are covered with bubbles and the edges are lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn and continue to cook until the pancakes are golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place on a plate and keep warm in a low-temperature oven while cooking the remaining pancakes.