1/1 Photo of Peach and Poppy Seed Sour Cream Pancakes
I found this recipe on another website and since I had some canned peaches and sour cream to use up, decided to make a half recipe to try them. To make a long story short, they are wonderful - so fluffy and flavourful! I used canned peaches since that is what I had on hand, but all means try them with fresh peaches. Fresh is always better! Serve with maple syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 peaches, sliced into thin wedges (Leave on the peel if you want)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup light sour cream (Use full fat sour cream if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- extra butter, for cooking the pancake
- 1In a large bowl, using a fork, stir together the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt.
- 2Make a well in the centre.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, sour cream, melted butter and vanilla.
- 4Pour into the flour mixture and stir just until evenly mixed.
- 5Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- 6Use a 1/4-cup measure to pour the batter into the hot frying pan. Depending on the size of your pan, you can do 1 to 3 pancakes at a time.
- 7Immediately top each pancake with 2 or 3 peach wedges and push into the batter.
- 8Cook until the pancake surfaces are covered with bubbles and the edges are lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 9Turn and continue to cook until the pancakes are golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 10Place on a plate and keep warm in a low-temperature oven while cooking the remaining pancakes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach and Poppy Seed Sour Cream Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (1663 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.9 mg
- Sodium 207.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g