From the book White House Chef: Eleven Years, Two Presidents, One Kitchen by Chef Walter Scheib and Andrew Friedman.
- 118.29 ml vinegar (champagne, rice, or white)
- 59.14 ml honey
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- 22.18 ml fresh lime juice
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 7.39 ml fresh jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 4.92 ml hot sauce
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml star anise, ground
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and cut into 10 wedges each
- 3 ripe plums, pitted and cut into 8 wedges each
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Place the vinegar, honey, cilantro, oil, lime juice and zest, brown sugar, jalapeno, hot sauce, cinnamon, and anise in a large bowl; stir together until well incorporated and the sugar has dissolved.
- Gently fold in the peaches and plums and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve.