4 hrs 30 mins
Store-bought phyllo dough makes this light and crispy crust for these summer fruits. Recipe is from Woman's World.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups pitted peaches, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 2 1/2 cups pitted plums, cut into 1 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, thawed if frozen (from 16-ounce package)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crushed amaretti (crisp almond cookies, about 14 from 7 ounce package)
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In large bowl, combine peaches, plums, 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and zest; mix well.
- 3On lightly floured surface, brush 1 phyllo sheet with a little butter; sprinkle with 1/2 t sugar.
- 4Layer with remaining phyllo, one sheet at a time, and butter and sugar, turning 2 1/2 inch from each previous sheet to created overlapping circle.
- 5Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan, pressing to fit into pan and allowing edges of phyllo to overhang edge of pan.
- 6Sprinkle amaretti crumbs over bottom of crust.
- 7Top with fruit mixture.
- 8Bring overhanging phyllo up and over fruit to make ruffled border.
- 9Bake on baking sheet 1 hour, 15 minutes or until bubbly and golden, covering with foil after 30 minutes.
- 10Cool completely on rack.
- 11If desired, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach-And-Plum Pie
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.6
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 86.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: