Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This looks very pretty in the jar, tastes yummy, and makes a great gift too. Serve with chicken or pork, or on crackers with cream cheese.
- 5 hot red chili peppers
- 10 sweet red peppers
- 1 cup raspberry vinegar
- 5 cans peaches in juice, well drained
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 lemons, halved
- 3 cups sugar
- Put peppers, seeds and all, in food processor until medium chopped.
- You are aiming for a yield of 15 cups.
- After you have drained the five tins of peaches (use the large size, 796 mL/28 oz) thoroughly, chop them into small pieces.
- Place in a large preserving kettle along with the vinegar (you can also use white wine vinegar, or even plain vinegar), salt and pepper mixture.
- Add lemon halves.
- Bring to a boil and boil gently for 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove lemons and add sugar.
- Stir well.
- Boil for 30 more minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Bottle in sterilized jars and seal.
- Process in a hot water bath if you wish.
- Makes approximately 9 pints.