Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this delicious sounding recipe here: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/19222/peach+and+passionfruit+pavlova+roll
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Grease a 25cm x 30cm Swiss roll pan.
- Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides. Place a second sheet of baking paper on a flat surface. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon caster sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add remaining caster sugar. Beat for 10 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Spread mixture over prepared pan. Smooth top. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until top just starts to brown.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat cream and icing sugar until stiff peaks form. Pat peaches dry with paper towel.
- Turn meringue onto prepared baking paper. Remove lining paper. Cool for 3 minutes.
- Spread with cream mixture. Top with peaches and passionfruit pulp. Roll up meringue from one long end to enclose filling. Place on a plate and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
An special pavlova version with a lot of taste as the passionfruit was wonderful with it!
After baking it was not easy to roll, I had to crackle the already cripy borders, but finally this came well.
Intersting was to see as while baking the base did not only risen but spread as well!
I made the filling easy using some light whipped cream and light cream cheese.
My guests were really surprised form this roll!
Thanks a lot!
I fell in love with pavlova in Australia and this sounded easy. I didn't know what was meant by "thickened cream", so I made the cream from Grandma Perritt's Pavlova With Custard Cream which was a bit too thick and not quite sweet enough for me (though my DD loved it). Put lots of fruit in it instead of just peaches. Next time I'll make the creme from my French Cream Crepes With Raspberry Sauce. Thanks Tea Girl! Made for ZWT8 trip to Australia/New Zealand.