Recipe by Tea Girl
I found this delicious sounding recipe here: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/19222/peach+and+passionfruit+pavlova+roll
Top Review by awalde
An special pavlova version with a lot of taste as the passionfruit was wonderful with it!
After baking it was not easy to roll, I had to crackle the already cripy borders, but finally this came well.
Intersting was to see as while baking the base did not only risen but spread as well!
I made the filling easy using some light whipped cream and light cream cheese.
My guests were really surprised form this roll!
Thanks a lot!
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar icing
- 400 g sliced peaches in juice, drained, chopped
- 2 passion fruit, halved
- icing sugar, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Grease a 25cm x 30cm Swiss roll pan.
- Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides. Place a second sheet of baking paper on a flat surface. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon caster sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add remaining caster sugar. Beat for 10 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Spread mixture over prepared pan. Smooth top. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until top just starts to brown.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat cream and icing sugar until stiff peaks form. Pat peaches dry with paper towel.
- Turn meringue onto prepared baking paper. Remove lining paper. Cool for 3 minutes.
- Spread with cream mixture. Top with peaches and passionfruit pulp. Roll up meringue from one long end to enclose filling. Place on a plate and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve dusted with icing sugar.