Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Real Simple. The flavors of summer!
- 8 cups boiling water
- 8 tea bags
- 4 ripe peaches, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch fresh mint sprig
- sugar, to taste (optional)
- Pour the water into a heat-resistant pitcher. Add the tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bags and allow the tea to cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
- Add the peaches, mint, and sugar (if using). Strain, if desired. Pour over ice.
Very great, very smooth, and oh so tasty with fresh orchard peaches. I added 5 peaches, and let steep for quite a while. Really didn't need sugar, but added 2 splenda's to the the whole batch. It was so lovely, I plan on making this as often as we can get a fresh peach. thanks for posting!
This was a nice refreshing drink. The only change I will make next time is to steep the tea for less than 10 minutes, to try and bring out the peach and mint flavors a bit more.