Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the ultimate in low-cal, low fat, yet is satisfying and delicious. It's from a diabetic cookbook I use; a 3/4 cup serving has only 115 calories. Choices: fruits & veggies: 2; fats & oils: 1 OR fruits & veggies: 1; milk: 1. For diabetics, please use a sugar substitute, like splenda (2 tbsp) or stevia (2-4 drops).
- Place grapes in bowl, and add peaches and apples which are cut up into bite size pieces, and the walnuts.
- Combine yogurt, sugar and dry sherry.
- Pour over fruit and combine to coat the fruit.
- Chill for at least 1 hour or up to several hours.
- Stir gently to serve.
- Makes 6 1 cup servings or 8 3/4 cup servings.
What a wonderful recipe! I cut it in half and used a couple of our good Colorado peaches and some seedless Pink Reliance grapes from our back yard grape vine, for it is harvest season here....also used the sherry instead of wine. We love fresh fruits and this is a great way to enjoy them.
This is a lovely fruit dish that I will make again for sure. I made it exactly as stated using the marsala wine. The dressing is a perfect combination for the fruit and the walnuts added a nice texture. Thanks for sharing, Trish Perkins.