Recipe by KittyKitty
A really good Russian dish, traditionally served at Easter. I used much lighter ingredients than the original version.
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 ripe peaches or 2 nectarines
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt (scant)
- 2 pieces preserved ginger in syrup, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons preserved ginger syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- peach slices
- toasted sliced almonds, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the cottage cheese and press through a sieve into a bowl. Pit and coarsely chop peaches.
- Combine the chopped peaches, cottage cheese, yogurt, ginger, syrup and vanilla.
- Line a new, clean flowerpot or a sieve with a piece of clean, fine cloth such as muslin.
- Put in the cheese mixture, then wrap the cloth over it and place a weight on top. Set over a bowl and let sit in cool place to drain over night. To serve, unwrap the cloth and invert the pashka onto a plate. Decorate with peach slices and almonds.