- 3 lbs peaches
- 3 ounces peaches
- 2 large onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 small dried red chilies
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger
- 18 ounces mixed dried fruit (apricots and raisins)
- 4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Immerse peaches in boiling water and peel. Chop the flesh and discard the pits.
- Chop the onions. Crush the garlic and chilies. Finely grate the ginger.
- Put the peaches, onions, garlic and dried fruit in a pot. Stir in the chilies, ginger and vinegar. Stir in the sugar.
- Bring slowly to a boil over low heat, stirring occasionally. Once the sugar has dissolved, increase the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes until thick, stirring often.
- Ladle the chutney into jars and seal.