Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
For World Tour II -Italy. Thought this dessert sounded wonderful during Peach Season. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (September 1986)
- 3⁄4 lb peach, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, ground and toasted
- In a large bowl combine first peaches, 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar, Frangelico and lemon juice and then divide between two gratin dishes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a saucepan melt butter. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon sugar, breadcrumbs and nuts. Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
I used canned peaches and it was still great! I REALLY enjoyed this and cant wait to try with fresh. Wonderful dessert that is easy and quick to prepare.