Recipe by Deb Guglietti
This is what I call a "cheater's cheesecake". Quick and easy and can even be made solely in the microwave! I've included instructions for regular and microwave baking.
- 1 1⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (29 ounce) can peach halves in syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sliced blanched almond
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together crumbs, cinnamon and brown sugar; stir in melted butter.
- Pour crumb mixture into 9-inch pie plate.
- Press firmly in bottom and up sides.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Lift peach halves from juices (reserve juices).
- Arrange, cut sides down, in pie crust.
- Beat together till fluffy the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1/4 cup of the peach juice.
- Spoon evenly over peach halves.
- Sprinkle almonds over top.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes.
- Microwave Method: (use a microwave safe pie plate!).
- Microwave crust on medium for 4 minutes.
- Microwave pie on medium for 15-20 minutes till cream cheese mixture looks set.
- (Microwave 2-3 minutes longer if needed.) Rotate pie 2 or 3 times while cooking.