Who says you can't have dessert if you are diabetic - this recipe from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain peaches and pat dry with paper towel and thinly slice.
- 2Preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
- 3Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 4Put cream cheese, almond meal and vanilla essence in a small bowl and mix until well combined, set aside.
- 5Put 1 pastry sheet on a clean surface and spray with cooking spray and then top with another pastry sheet and spray with cooking spray and then top with third pastry sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- 6Cut the pastry stack in half crossways.
- 7Spread half of the cream cheese mix along one long side of one of the pastry stacks, leaving about 5cm at each end and top with half of the peach slices and fold int he sides and roll up to enclose the filling and then repeat with remaining pastry stack, cream cheese mix and peach slices.
- 8Place pastry parcels on the baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is light golden.
- 9Dust with icing sugar, if you like, to serve.
- 10VARIATION - replace almond meal with hazelnut meal and the peach slices with 125 grams of fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach and Cream Cheese Parcels
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 184.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g