Recipe by I'mPat
Who says you can't have dessert if you are diabetic - this recipe from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
A very nice dessert you have here, & I was able to use some great tasting peaches in the recipe! Loved the fruit & cheese combo! Thanks for sharing it with us! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (extra-light)
- 2 teaspoons almond meal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 sheets phyllo pastry
- cooking spray
- 100 g peaches (slices in juice drained)
- icing sugar (to dust optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain peaches and pat dry with paper towel and thinly slice.
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put cream cheese, almond meal and vanilla essence in a small bowl and mix until well combined, set aside.
- Put 1 pastry sheet on a clean surface and spray with cooking spray and then top with another pastry sheet and spray with cooking spray and then top with third pastry sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Cut the pastry stack in half crossways.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mix along one long side of one of the pastry stacks, leaving about 5cm at each end and top with half of the peach slices and fold int he sides and roll up to enclose the filling and then repeat with remaining pastry stack, cream cheese mix and peach slices.
- Place pastry parcels on the baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is light golden.
- Dust with icing sugar, if you like, to serve.
- VARIATION - replace almond meal with hazelnut meal and the peach slices with 125 grams of fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered.