Recipe by SashasMommy
From About.com Home Cooking. Peach sorbet gets a festive edge by the addition of champagne. You can cut the preparation time by using frozen peaches. If you do not have champagne, try substituting sparkling apple or white grape juice. This recipe is designed for an ice cream machine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peaches
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup champagne
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the peaches in a large saucepan and cover them with boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Peel the peaches; halve them and remove the pits.
- Transfer the peaches to a food processor and coarsely puree. Pour into a medium bowl.
- In a medium nonreactive saucepan bring the sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a boil over moderately high heat.
- Add 2 teaspoons of the lemon zest and let simmer about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set the syrup aside for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into the peach puree and blend well.
- Add the champagne, the lemon juice, and the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Stir Well.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.