Another winner from BBC Good Food. I love the little cinnamon buns on top, rather than the usual dollops of biscuit dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 oranges, use the juice from both and the zest from 1/2
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 6 peaches
- 250 g blueberries
- 1Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Butter a wide shallow ovenproof dish.
- 3Blend the corn starch with the orange zest and juice, and put in a large pan with the sugar.
- 4Peel, halve, stone and slice the peaches and add to the pan.
- 5Bring slowly to the boil, stirring gently until the sauce is shiny and thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Remove from the heat, stir in the blueberries and tip into the prepared dish.
- 7Tip the flour into a mixing bowl and add the 50 g butter.
- 8Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in half of the sugar.
- 9Mix the remaining sugar with the cinnamon and set aside.
- 10Add the milk to the dry ingredients and mix to a soft dough.
- 11Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly.
- 12Roll out to an oblong roughly 16 x 24 cm.
- 13Brush with melted butter and sprinkle evenly with the spicy sugar.
- 14Roll up from one long side and cut into 12 slices.
- 15Arrange around the top of the dish, leaving the centre uncovered.
- 16Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the topping is crisp and golden.
- 17Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach and Blueberry Grunt
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.9
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 513.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g