Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted in responce to a request, from "the Low-Carb Cookbook" by Fran McCullough.
- butter (for the baking dish)
- 4 ripe peaches
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup Equal sugar substitute
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2 cups almonds
- 1⁄2 cup Equal sugar substitute
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal, optional
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Butter a 9" baking dish.
- Mix the friut ingredients together in a bowl, then arrange them in the baking dish.
- Bake the fruit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the nuts in a food processor or blender.
- Combine in a bowl with the sweetener and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until it is quite foamy, them pour the dry ingredients into the egg white and mix well, stirring in the cornmeal ifyou are using it.
- Rub the mixture with your fingers to be sure it's combined well.
- Spread the topping on a large plate and let it sit at room temperature until the fruit comes out of the oven.
- spread the topping evenly over the fruit.
- Bake on the lowest shelf in the oven for another 25-30 minutes until the fruit is bubbling hot.
- Cool on a rack for at least 10 minutes before serving.