After many attempts at other recipes, I have finally come up with a perfect combination of fruit and cake.
- 6 peaches (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup sugar (I like a mixture of turninado and brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons melted butter (in pan)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (warmed)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 with 9x13 pan with butter to melt. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt prior to adding warm milk and eggs. Pour into preheated pan and then evenly add fruit mixture. Do not stir together. Bake on center rack for approximately 45-50 minutes.
This was a winner at my house. We loved the combination of blueberry and peach together, it was awesome. The cake was delicious, tender and light. Loved the flavors and textures in this special treat. It was quick and easy to make with terrific results. We will be enjoying this again and again. Thanks for sharing a new family favorite.