Recipe by karen in tbay
Sounds refreshing - recipe came from Taste of Home 1997 but personally I have not tried yet but with health experts tooting the benefits of blueberry in our diets, time for experimenting.Try serving with ice cream
- 6 cups sliced peaches, fresh or frozen (about 6 large)
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beatin
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peaches in greased 2 qt casserole.
- Top with blueberries.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbsp sugar and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour,baking powder,salt and remaining sugar.
- Add egg and cut into flour mixture til coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Drizzle melted butter over all.
- Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle on top.
- Bake 375F for 20 minutes.
- Increase oven temp to 400F and bake an additional 12-15 minutes or til lightly browned.