Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
We are big fans of fruit crisps and this one is excellent!
Make and share this Peach and Blackberry Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peaches, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges (about 3)
- 2 cups blackberries, picked over and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter, cut into bits
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped lightly toasted
- In a large bowl toss the peaches and the blackberries gently with the cornstarch, the lemon juice, and the granulated sugar until the mixture is combined well.
- In a small bowl stir together the flour, the brown sugar, the oats, the salt, the cinnamon, and the nutmeg, add the butter, blending the mixture until it resembles coarse meal, and stir in the pecans.
- Spread the peach mixture in a 13- by 9-inch baking dish, sprinkle the pecan mixture evenly over it, and bake the crisp in the middle of a preheated 350°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Serve the crisp with the ice cream.
I made this for my family this weekend and we all enjoyed it. The oatmeal toppings is great! You don't really taste the peaches as much, but it's still very, very good. Also very quick and easy to make.