Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs 20 mins
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee
For Veal Chops
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet Durkee Grill Creations black peppercorn marinade mix (recommended)
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can peach nectar (recommended ( Kerns)
- 4 (1/2 lb) loin veal chops, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup peach jam (recommended ( Smucker's)
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon (recommended ( Jim Beam)
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- In a large ziploc bag, combine marinade mix, peach nectar, and veal chops. Squeeze out air and seal bag. Massage bag to ensure chops are coated. Refrigerate 3 to 6 hours to marinate.
- Set up grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Oil the grill grate when ready to start cooking.
- Prepare glaze in a small saucepan over medium heat. Combine jam, bourbon, and cracked peppercorns. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Remove chops from marinade and let come to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Discard marinade. Grill chops on hot, oiled grill for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and brush with glaze. Cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and glaze for 1 minute. Remove from heat and brush once more with glaze. Serve hot.
- INDOOR: Prepare and marinate chops as directed. Remove chops from marinade and discard marinade. Pat chops dry with paper towel. Place on foil line baking sheet or broiling pan and broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat source until well seared on 1 side, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Turn and brush with glaze and return to broiler and cook for 1 minute; turn and glaze and cook for 1 minute more for medium. To check for doneness, make a small cut in the thickest part of the meat; it should be slightly less done than you like it. Allow the chops to rest for 5 to 10 minutes (internal temperature will continue to rise). Brush with more glaze and serve.
Didn't at first think I'd manage to assemble all the ingredients for this recipe, but when I finally did, it went together in no time! I used the broiler for these EXTREMELY TASTY CHOPS! Two of the chops, reheated for another meal, were just as good! What a great keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]