cookin freak.'s Note:
From the American Heart Association. Makes 4 1/2 cup servings
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb unsweetened frozen peach slices, thawed and halved (or 12 ounces peach slices and 4 ounces frozen unsweetened raspberries)
- 1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice or 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly spray a nonstick 8"x4" loaf pan with vegetable oil spray.
- 3In a medium bowl, stir together the peaches, cranberries, cornstarch, orange juice, and vanilla until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- 4Pour the peach mixture into the pan.
- 5In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the margarine; using two knives or pastry blender, cut the margarine into the oat mixture until it has a coarse texture and the pieces are about the size of small peas.
- 6Sprinkle over the peach mixture.
- 7Bake for 25 minutes or until the peaches are tender.
- 8Remove from the oven.
- 9Preheat the broiler.
- 10Broil the crumble for 3 or 4 minutes or until the topping begins to brown.
- 11Remove from the broiler and let stand for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach and Berry Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.8
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: